Sustainable Travel: Active Responsible Safe
WCPS is a Bronze Level STARS accredited school.
National Walk to School Week is from 21st to 25th May 2018.
- Being active on the way to school leads to more awake and alert pupils in the classroom.
- Walking, scooting and cycling helps improve air quality and the local environment by reducing the number of cars around the school gate.
- The journey to and from school is an ideal time for children to engage in physical activity.
- Reducing car use and congestion around the school gates increases pupil safety.
- Walking, scooting and cycling to school are great ways to help pupils become familiar with their local environment.