Sustainable Travel: Active Responsible Safe
Every year, in conjunction with the Borough of Merton and Transport for London, we submit our School Travel Plan.
We are very pleased to have achieved a Bronze level Accreditation for 2015-2016. As always we encourage everyone to walk to school, or park and walk, where possible.
- Being active on the way to school leads to more awake and alert pupils in the classroom.
- Walking, scooting and cycling helps improve air quality and the local environment by reducing the number of cars around the school gate.
- The journey to and from school is an ideal time for children to engage in physical activity.
- Reducing car use and congestion around the school gates increases pupil safety.
- Walking, scooting and cycling to school are great ways to help pupils become familiar with their local environment.