Early childhood is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives. At WCPS we greatly value the important role that the Early Years Foundation Stage plays in laying secure foundations for future learning and development.
- To provide a safe, friendly and stimulating environment which enables all boys to feel secure, happy and motivated to reach their potential
- To deliver a relevant and challenging curriculum, enhanced by extra-curricular activities that develops individual abilities and fosters independence, curiosity and creativity
- To create and maintain a mutually supportive partnership between home and school in all aspects of learning and development
- To encourage boys to play a positive role in contributing to the life of the school and the wider community
- To support boys in becoming respectful, tolerant, kind and caring individuals who are sensitive to the needs of others
The curriculum is broad and stimulating and is enriched through regular trips and visitors to the school e.g. London Fire Brigade, Transport Museum and the Polka Theatre. The boys are given regular opportunities to develop their creative talents by performing for their parents in class assemblies and a Christmas Service at a local church. There are also a wide range of opportunities for them to develop their sporting prowess and take part in sporting fixtures with other schools.